Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Good Read

Those who know me, understand that I have no time for Brian Maclaren. He is to me, the poster child for what is wrong with doctrinal teaching today.

Steve Camp has a post that without a doubt captures the essence of what I feel in this matter. He writes:

McLaren prefers the use of “community” in describing the One Triune God: “a Divine community of Father, Son and Spirit." Preexisting in an "eternal, dynamic, glorious and holy fellowship of love.” Did you hear that? This is foolishness beloved. Why not speak of a divine village? A quaint spiritual township? A beautiful nook in the eternal woods where They (the Trinity) communed in a gentle mutually beneficial spirit of harmonius love and holy nurtured relationship? I am not trying to be sacrilegious, but see how utterly absurd this is to describe the eternal Godhead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit in such sentimental, romantic, transient terms?


If you have only 15 or 20 minutes to read this week, read brother Steve's post. You will not be disapointed.

I was blessed.

0 Comments:

<< Home