Monday, January 30, 2006

What a Find!


After yesterdays blackout there were a few little shopping bits I needed to get. Replenishing matches and candles that were much used was tops. I also needed white gas for my little back packing stove.

What was also a large nuisance was the need to run a heater. Fixing that is a little out of budget right now, so I will have to leave it for later.

However the other deficiency was a battery powered AM radio. I have many of the FM variety, but AM was either in the car or a 115v unit plugged into my UPS. (uninterruptible power supply) I thought that an AM radio couldn't be all that expensive, so I went for a look.

Cheap FM battery powered radios, $5-10. AM/FM battery powered radios, $50. I was about to leave when I saw this, a battery / hand crank radio/light $29.95. Wait there is a sale sign.......... $4.95 SCORE!

All that and it came with instructions that were worth the five bucks. Including the following statements....

If the DYNAMO RECHARGING lever is turn slowly, the batteries are not recharged Completely.

Connect an earphone with a mini-plug (not supplied) to the jack the sound from the speaker will not be heard.

0 Comments:

<< Home