Sunday, December 18, 2005

Fourth Advent

Today was a different fourth advent. Today we had a children's Christmas play. In all honesty I am not greatly into children's plays. That may be as a result of not really liking them when I had to be in them.

Regardless of that, there was a highlight in the play. It showcased musical talents of the teens at several points. There was a young lady vocalist by the name of Emma. I was wowed. I closed my eyes and was no longer at a play. It was a breath of fresh air.

There was one other thing that stood out more than a little. We had two baptisms this morning.

Glen and Daniel. I am sorry that I do not have decent photos. The ones of Dan are so-so, the ones of Glen are worse. I find excitement in both of these baptisms, since I know both young men.

Daniel has been an employee of mine for the last two summers and it is a pleasure to see him in the waters of baptism.


Dan and Pastor George.



Dan all wet!

Update: Daniel has agreed to let me post his testimony.

My name is Daniel Harms, I'm currently in grade 12 at Vanier School, and I have decided to be baptised today. First, I'll tell you a little bit about me. I was raised in a Godly household. Christianity therefore, was something that I grew up with. However, it seemed more like a routine and not the personal way of life that it should be. When I was around 8 years old I had gone to Camp Yukon and there I gave my life to Christ. This was one of the first steps that I took towards making Christianity a personal decision. Because I had been home schooled until I began public school in grade 10, Christianity had been the only religion that I had really learned about. My greatest struggle that I encountered occurred over that whole first year at Vanier as I wrestled with the reasons for why I believed in Christianity. I was in a mandatory religion class that studied various world religions and soonthere seemed to be more options than just the one. I began to doubt Christianity and struggled over which one religion was right or true (because they all couldn't be right). Eventually, near the end of that school year, I believe that God opened my eyes because I could accept Christianity as being the only way, as truth and as a personal commitment. I am now being baptised to show that I believe that there is only one way to heaven and that it is through Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I want to show others that I am willing to give my life to Christ and live for Him.

0 Comments:

<< Home