Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Veterans

In fine fashion, the city councilor that I agreed with yesterday is already on my bad side.

Dave Stockdale thinks that it would be too much to give veterans free parking. As he states...

"I appreciate what (veterans) have done but I don't think (providing free parking) is appropriate"

Now I don't know about you, but his sound blatantly ignorant. If we give free parking to tourists and the like, why can't we do it for those who stood up for our country. The men and women that gave, so that we might have.

Not that I have a clue what battle is like, or worse what it was like in the past, but I am at least capable of understanding that those that stood for the 'True North Strong and Free' deserve to be able to park their cars wherever they want.

Where do I donate to their parking fund?


Read the Whitehorse Star Yourself!

0 Comments:

<< Home