Sunday, October 30, 2005

Electric Tub

I have worked as a soundman in many capacities for many years. I started out with interest at a young age, learning a bit of how to do live recording's. (mainly of my dad's jr. high band) Later, for a while, I worked for a live sound company doing many tasks in a reasonably large format. Concerts in anything from bars, all the way to arenas. In the past number of years my efforts have been limited to church sound. Of course the most political of all.

In church sound there is one thing that has scared me more than any other one thing, in my sound career.

It is the baptismal.

Many have jeered at me throughout the years, when I express ultimate concern over the activity of sound re-enforcement at the waters. I have always been careful, and sometimes wondered to myself if maybe a bit too much so.

I am glad that the following has never happened to me:

A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning after grabbing a microphone while partially submerged, a church employee said.

SOURCE: ASSOCIATED PRESS


This occurred in Waco Texas. The whole story is here.

My heart and prayers, go out to the family and the church of Kyle Lake.

0 Comments:

<< Home